OC Global specializes in being a trusted partner of project owners who are developing urban or intercity railway lines. From network planning, to design, construction and operation, we bring projects from vision to reality.
Rail transit is a safe, efficient, and reliable mode of mass transportation, but developing a rail system involves many technical as well as social and political challenges.
We provide the latest technologies and solutions, from conceptualization to implementation, for new facilities or the upgrading of existing facilities. We have experience in intercity or suburban trains, shinkansen and other high-speed trains, subways, light rail, and other guided transport systems.
Our expert advice, experience, and excellence in project appraisals and identification of feasible project alternatives supply the knowledge base for project sponsors to make informed decisions.
• Urban railways (commuter rail, MRT, subways, LRT, monorails, airport access, new transit systems)
• High-speed trains
• Intercity passenger trains
• Freight lines and services
Railway System Development
• New construction and rehabilitation of existing railways
• Demand forecasting and ridership estimates
• Route alignment and station site selection
• Train operation planning
• Electrical and mechanical systems
• Safety and control systems
• Operation and maintenance systems
• Management and information systems
• Interface coordination and system integration
• Integrated transport systems
Development of Structures, Facilities, and Equipment
• Tunnels, bridges, elevated track, station facilities, depot / workshop, signaling system, communication system, power supply facilities, electrification system, rolling stock, automatic fare collection system, platform screen door
Project Design, Formulation, and Implementation
• Master plan, feasibility studies and project appraisals
• Engineering designs and tender documentation
• Contract strategy and tender assistance
• Project management and stakeholder facilitation
• Construction supervision and electrical and mechanical (E&M) works supervision
• Testing and commissioning
• Operation and maintenance advisory
• Technical assistance and capacity building
• Institutional and organizational development
• Financial analysis, public-private partnership (PPP) and commercial advisory